Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Getting motivated when motivation is lost

I struggle with motivation sometimes, especially when the seasons change and the days get shorter and colder. Everyone has their own ways of coping, and I've prepared a list of mine:

1) Exercise! Physical activity gets the blood pumping and allows my mind to wander freely. Once that happens I not only reduce my stress levels and feel good afterward, but often will think up ideas on trouble spots with writing and/or plot thoughts.

I highly recommend yoga for this.

2) Music! Sometimes I just need to listen to good, soothing music--or whatever suits my mood.

3) Treat yourself! Go out, go see a movie or read a book. Do something which removes you from your usual routine.

What are some of yours?


Love & Magic,
Adrianne
http://www.adriannebrennan.com

0 comments:


Free Blogger Templates by Isnaini Dot Com . Powered by Blogger and PDF Ebooks