Monday, January 19, 2009

A biker's new year resolution

Hi all,
I bought my hubby a new Buell motorcycle for Christmas which leaves me with the Harley Sportster. Cool.

Now i just have to learn to ride the sucker. I will be taking the bike safety course and learn to ride at the dealership. Then I think I would like to join a biker gang.
I've given this great thought and its not just any biker gang.
I want to join BACA. It's an anacronym for Bikers Against Child Abuse.

We basically stand by a child while she/he has her/his day in court. It's emotional support and it gives the child a friend (as well as a neat vest that says BACA on it). We don't initmidate, we don't do anything outside the law, we simply support the child.

It would be a dream come true if one day I spoke about child abuse and met with blank stares. The phoenomena would be so rare that people didn't understand the concept.
One of the officers of the group calls himself Thor.
(I'm thinking character! how sexy is a guy on a bike who helps kids in his spare time?)

Thinking of Thor made me think of Freya. She is the goddess of love and war. It seems like a contradiction. (or an ancient tribute to women's ability to multi task).
War and Love don't have much in common, unless, if driven by a cause, the person chooses to fight for the greater good and defend those who can't defend themselves.

Under these circumstances love and war could be compatible. There are things worth fighting for, but for the moment, I'm fighting with the clutch!My new year's resolution is to find my inner Freya and gain the courage to be something better than I am now.

0 comments:


Free Blogger Templates by Isnaini Dot Com . Powered by Blogger and PDF Ebooks